Streaming Worship Service
Revised Holy Trinity COVID-19 Protocols
Beginning Sunday, June 6, 2021
The Church Council voted to approve the following motion, which was seconded, and passed after extensive discussion:
Face masks or coverings that cover the mouth and nose are required for all members and all visitors attending worship services or participating in any programs inside Holy Trinity except as follows:
- Members and visitors who are fully vaccinated and waited the requisite period of time for full immunity to take effect will no longer be required to wear masks or coverings when attending or participating in any worship service or program in the church.
- Those who have had medically confirmed cases of COVID will not be required to wear masks in church.
- This is an honor system and no one will be asked any questions about their vaccination status.
- There will be no handshaking during the passing of the peace and we will continue to sing the last hymn only. Social distancing of six feet will continue. One Communion Assistant will remain masked and available for those who continue to have concerns.
- The white board in the narthex will have all of the updated guidance posted on it.
The motion passed with 12 voting in favor, 2 proxy votes in favor, 1 vote against, and 1 abstention.
After the motion had passed, further on in the meeting, Pastor Guenzel proposed a compromise of leaving the last two rows of the church available for worshipers who wish to socially distance and continue wearing masks. This was expressed as a loving gesture for those not yet ready, or unable, to unmask. Council members present at the meeting concurred with the proposal without any opposition voiced. The working group will continue to monitor local conditions and make recommendations to Church Council on any further changes as appropriate.